Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Electrostatic Air Filter Does Air Travelling Through An Electrostatic Filter (like Filtrete) Get Ionized?

Does air travelling through an electrostatic filter (like Filtrete) get ionized? - electrostatic air filter

I've heard that ionized air can be potentially dangerous (eg) free radicals, so they want to avoid air filter to ionize the air. The 3M Filtrete electrostatic filters are based on polyolefins, (very common in the furnace filter, and now as part of an independent air purifier) are pre-loaded with a static charge against dirt, dust and wear particles from the incoming air.

My question is how the air circulates through the filter (by a fan), there is a way to take a load of electrostatic filters, or air can not in any way or form post-ionized output filter? Now that I know the air is not cost much, so I do not think it would be, but I want an opinion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment