Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hpv Colon Cancer Gastroenterologist Vs. Colon-Rectal Surgeon?

Gastroenterologist vs. Colon-Rectal Surgeon? - hpv colon cancer

I have a question that would allow me to offer, details, and I'm not sure what kind of doctor I should see.

I am a current patient of a colorectal surgeon, an accident because he had HPV a few years ago. There are about six months ago, I went to the doctor because I had symptoms again, but he said it was just hemorrhoids and gave me a cream for that.

The symptoms of hemorrhoids and has never changed for the worse lately. I have a couple of other symptoms, such as loose stools, constipation, and I saw a couple of times the mucus in the stool.

I have a long history of gastrointestinal problems, which I never tried to medical assistance, and this recent trend alarming to me. I would rule out gastro-intestinal disorders are based, or polyps or cancer.

My real question is: Can I talk to the surgeon's return? If it is diagnosed in about things like IBS, Crohn's disease, and so what? Or is it better to a gastroenterologist, which will probably take some time givenbecause it would be a new patient?

I urge all morning, but I hope that both the doctors say, you can probably see. I wonder if any of you would know that better, or makes a difference.

2 comments:

norton g said...

ScorpioRising - This is answer a simple question. Give the doctor a break! Call gastroenterologist (GI doctor or GI) schedule your first visit. What you need first is an accurate diagnosis. Surgeons are essentially "knife". Gastroenterologists are physicians certified in essence, the Board of Internal Medicine with additional training in the gastro-intestinal problems, as you mentioned. If you are 30 years old, you may ready to start your GI doc for him a colonoscopy every 10 years to obtain. The strength of the doc is in the diagnosis of GI = what you need now. Good luck!

sunflowe... said...

If you are a doctor you are happy and if you manage your problem, then better with what you remain most familiar with.

Post a Comment